[isalist] Verizon DSL and ISA Server 2004 Problem!!!

  • From: "Tee Darling" <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 06:59:01 -0500

ISA Gurus,
 I just added a Verizon DLS box (Westel 327W) to my network and now I can't
send any e-mail out. Here is the configuration:
I have 2 NICs in my ISA Server 2004. The internal NIC has the IP range
192.168.35.0 thru 192.168.35.254. The External NIC is connected to the
Verizon DSL box. The DSL box gives out the DHCP IP range 192.168.1.15  thru
192.168.1. 47.  I have assigned  192.168.1.3  to the NIC  that is connected
to the DSL .  This  DSL  box by default allows all  traffic to  exit
without  any  interferance.  I have  configured port  forwarding  for
example  port 25,  port 443, port 110 etc to the appropriate box.  I can
receive  e-mail  on  my  Exchange  Server 2003  without any difficulty but
whenever I send email out from one of my workstations, the email ends up in
the queue on the server and just sits there. Anything I am missing here?
Next, I am a little bit confused as to what kind of route configuration I
need to setup between my internal LAN and the DSL IP range or if one would
like to call it the DMZ. I am not sure if I can call the area of the DSL IP
range as the DMZ. Or would that area be part of the External network? My
plan is to add a 3rd NIC and assign the IP range 10.0.0.0 thru
10.x.x.254and call that zone the DMZ. I haven't done this yet so I am
not worry about
it now. My main problem is how to configure the ISA firewall again to let
the email go out from my Exchange Server 2003 box. I just had this problem
when I switched from my cable provider to the DSL provider. I never had this
problem with my cable box which wasn't given out any private IP addresses
out.

I am also having problem making my verizon mail go out from my internal LAN
from one of my machine which has Outlook 2003. Here are the errors I get
from this workstation:

1). Find incoming mail server (POP3): Outlok could not connect to the
incoming mail server (POP3). The problem could be the server name or port,
or your server may not support SSL. Verify your port and SSl settings in
More Settings under the Advanced tab.

2). Find outgoing mail server (SMTP): Outlok could not connect to the
outgoing mail server (POP3). The problem could be the server name or port,
or your server may not support SSL. Verify your port and SSl settings in
More Settings under the Advanced tab.

3). Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The specified server was found,
but there was no response from the server. Please verify that th eport and
SSL informatoin is correct. To access these settings close the dialog, then
click More Settings and click on the Advanced tab.

4). Find incoming mail server (POP3): Outlok could not connect to the
incoming mail server (POP3). The problem could be the server name or port,
or your server may not support SSL. Verify your port and SSl settings in
More Settings under the Advanced tab.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tee