Veritas Backup Exec and ISA 2004

  • From: Alejandro Fernández <fernandeza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:00:10 -0300

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to backup some servers on my DMZ with Veritas Backup Exec 9.1. The
media server is on my internal network. According to Veritas
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255831.htm I have made the following rules:

NDMP (TCP 10000)
Outbound
From: Backup Server
To: DMZ Servers

Media Server (TCP 1025-1032)
Outbound
From: DMZ Servers
To: Backup Server

Remote Agent (TCP 1033-1041)
Outbound
From: Backup Server
To: DMZ Servers

I am able to browse the remote servers to make the selections from the media
server (Apparently that is the NDMP protocol) but the backup job fails. In the
ISA logs I am seeing many denied connections from the media server to the DMZ
server on ports 135, 139 and 445. None of this ports are mentioned by Veritas.

Has anyone succeded in backing up through ISA?

Thanks in advance

Alejandro E. Fernández Preda
Dto. Informática
Tel:  54 (11) 4864-0606  ext. 219