Various Setup Questions....HELP!

  • From: "Kevin" <kme19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:27:26 -0500

I have a couple questions about the ISA server I just setup.  I don't
have any books yet, but ISA Server 2000 is ordered and on its way, so if
you could answer a couple questions for me, I would really appreciate
it.

1.  We have some websites that are open to everyone to use and I got
them most setup except for a couple.  MSNBC.com won't open up at all,
even though I gave access to *.msnbc.com and msnbc.com and with
weather.com, it comes up, but it pops up for a username and password
when it tries to load an ad from a different site.
   -   How do I get msnbc to load?  I have opened up http and https
access, does something else need to be opened?
   -   How do I make it so that the username/password box doesn't pop
up?  I don't care if it just doesn't load the ad, i just don't want to
have that popup box.

2.  How do I enable FTP access?  I am allowing all protocals out for our
Admins, but I still can't FTP out.  What all needs to be configured?

3.  We use Elron's Web Inspector (www.elronsoftware.com) to monitor our
internet usage.  Does anyone know how to configure it correctly so that
it monitors usage?  I have it so that it will monitor requests that go
out to the internet, but everything coming in shows up and coming from
the ISA server.  Is there a way around that?  The ISA server and Elron
server are both single NIC PC's and a switch with the ports on a
bi-directional mirror.

4.  Does anyone know how to setup a logon script so that it will change
IE's proxy settings so that they are pointing to the ISA server?

Sorry for all of the questions, but my boss is pushing me and our
Consultant that is helping us is stuck as well.

Thanks for helping!!

-Kevin