VPN problem after upgrading domain

  • From: "PESA Postmaster" <isalist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:06:14 -0500

I have a Win2K member server running ISA 2000.  I have successfully
configured the ISA server to allow incoming VPN connections using PPTP into
our NT 4.0 domain.  I have recently upgraded the domain to Win2K3 Active
Directory and at the point of upgrade we lost incoming VPN ability.  My
clients get "Error 930: The authentication server did not respond to
authentication requests in a timely fashion."  This message appears
_immediately_ upon connection attempt (no long timeout).  I am using Windows
Authentication and Windows Accounting (not RADIUS).  I have added the ISA
server to the RAS and IAS group and this did not correct the problem.  I
have battled this for two days and have made no progress.  Any pointers or
suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you,
PESA Postmaster