VPN issues...

  • From: "Bryan Andrews" <bandrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 14:09:34 -0400

I have my vpn setup with a single internal subnet (same as the internal
nic on isa).

I am having problems mapping to file shares and getting back out to the
internet.

I do not have wins running and am trying to connect via \\10.0.0.20\c$
or \\servername.mydomain.com\c$ to no avail.

I can hit my internal website from the client though. I notcie on my vpn
ppp/slip interface it says I have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255. Is
that correct? It also has the clients own ip (that it got from dhcp) as
the default gateway.

Any ideas are appreciated. I'd rather not use wins if I don't have to.