VPN connection using ISA Server 2000

  • From: "Marrow K.L. Yung" <marrow.yung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isainfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:58:32 +0800

I am looking for a VPN unlimited connection solution, I see that all the VPN
broadband router can only support maximum 70 VPN Connections in the router
level. However, I need the unlimited one for my own company. What I am thinking
is, I buy a Intel 10/100 Pro S Server Adapter , which can support hardware
IPSec in the NIC card itself( the spec. in intel says that, that's why it is
Server NIC , not desktop NIC), then I use the VPN function in the ISA Server
2000 to create VPN connection for all of my client. In the router level I will
only let the router enable the VPN bypass function , which is a common function
in all router in Hong Kong.

What do you think about my VPN unlimited solution? The pricing of this
combination will only cost 100-200 more Hong Kong dollar when compare with
using VPN router. Which is very good if I need more than 70 VPN connections.

the shop keeper tell me it is impossible to have unlimited VPN connection (I
think he mean in the router level), he say even it can, the bandwidth for 70+
VPN connection can't handled by broadband connection. Is that true ?  I will
have a broadband connection of 10Mbps upstream 10Mbps downstream. It still not
enough ? I am not going to assume they all connnect at the same time (through
you can say why I don't use VPN router if I don't assume it will handle all at
the same time, but I want to make it unlimited in the lowest price, the
hightest price is I link up all VPN router to make it support more than 70 VPN
Connections if one VPN router is over limited).

Very best regards,

Marrow Yung.