VPN anomaly

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <rdzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:49:41 -0800

Okay, here's one to twist your noodles on.

We are testing the ability to VPN using PPTP on the ISA server.  I have
several guinea pigs (field sales) using their DSL connections (yes, I made
them buy firewall routers first) to tunnel to the ISA server.  I'm using the
RADIUS athentication and accounting.  The radius server is one from the NT
4.0 Option Pack.  All that works fine.  They can get to the intranet,
telnet, etc.  They can send email.  But they can't download email!?  We are
using cc:Mail (yeuck) with cc:Mail IP routers for the remote clients.
Downloading works fine if they dial up to the regular RAS server.  But, when
they come in on the VPN, the download connection gets dropped.

Ray Dzek
Network Operations / Helpdesk
Specialized Bicycle Components
15130 Concord Circle