RE: VPN and packet size

  • From: "Colin Amos" <tori65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:20:20 +1100

Michael
I found the following article that may not be directly related to your
issue, but could be handy for yourself or anyone else on the list

http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=KB;EN-US;Q297774&;
(there is a link for the download on the page)

This is DUN 1.4 upgrade for those who run Win9x client desktops, it gives
you the option of setting the MTU size, through the GUI.  Good for those who
don't know or not sure how to manually set the MTU sizes through the
registry. It helped solved a problem we were experiencing with clients
logged into a TSV session over a VPN connection and the VPN kept dropping
out, or would only allow one client to connect but not others from the same
site.  By the way the fix was to set it to small ie 576

Regards
Colin