VPN and XP $5 Question - a little off topic?

  • From: "Bryan Andrews" <bandrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:25:02 -0500

We have users that connect via XP Pro at their home with the built in firewall
running. They use their Outlook 2000 client to connect to exchange over vpn.
Their outlook will not see a new message unless they click around... If we turn
off the xp firewall, they see messages immediately as they come in as Exchange
and mapi normally do.

Is there something we can do here? Its not that big of a deal but still a
nuisance...

I know that this may not be directly related - but I thought perhaps someone
has ran into this with their ISA VPN trials of life...

Thanks for any thoughts!