Re: VPN Wizards

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 06:29:53 -0700

Inline...

Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Kirby" <Steve.Kirby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 1:41 AM
Subject: [isalist] VPN Wizards

http://www.ISAserver.org

Have two sites connected via ADSl.
Run ISA Server local VPN Wizard.
Sent file to other site and ran remote wizard.
I notice on the remote site has 2new packets Allowing PPTP receive and
call.
* that's correct; one should be for PPTP receive and the other for PPTP call
The local site has many more entries in access policy.
* limit your observation to Packet Filtering and see what shows
Prior to running the wizards I could tracert to both the external NIC's.
Now I get destination host unreachable
* that's a routing issue; check the static routes in RRAS on both machines.