VPN Problem AGAIN

  • From: "Stefano Peduzzi" <Stefano.Peduzzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 17:16:03 +0200

I'm reposting the message 'caues nobody answered... is it a too simple or too
hard question??? ;)
BTW Could you give me any link on VPN + Firewall troubleshooting? I already
read Tom tutorial & his book.
So... here it is the problem:

I run the wizard to allow inbound VPN calls but when I try to connect from
outside I receive error 678 (No answer). I tried to scan my open ports from
outside and the pptp port it is not open. Running netstat on the ISA Server I
see that the pptp port (ie RRAS services??) is listening on 0.0.0.0 and not on
my external interface address but I don't know how I can change it.
Note that my External Interface address has a PRIVATE address (10.0.0.XXX)
'cause my public ip is on the router (the router forward all traffic to
External ISA Interface by NAT: I know it works 'cause I've published SMTP & WWW
services): could that matter??

Thanks again

Stefano