RE: VPN Outbound

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 22:21:34 +0100

Hi Thomas,

First of all thanks for the complements on my article :-)

Personaly I have no experience with Checkpoint NG. However, for the previous
version 'FW-1 4.X' you should have the following rules:

1) PPTP
-------

Source,Destination,Service,Action,Track,Time,Install
Any,VPN-Gateway,PPTP,accept,Long,Any,Gateways
VPN-Gateway,Any,PPTP,accept,Long,Any,Gateways

So, you need two rules!

2) IPSec NAT-T

Source,Destination,Service,Action,Track,Time,Install
Any,VPN-Gateway,IKE and NAT-T,accept,Long,Any,Gateways

The service IKE is UDP port 500 and Service NAT-T is UDP port 4500 or
whatever UDP port is used.

HTH,
Stefaan