RE: VPN Connection (PPTP)

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:51:29 -0400

From your question below, you first mentioned that you could ping, in your
second response you mentioned you could not and that you have your Exchange
profile defined using the physical IP address of your Internal MX server.
First check to make sure all the required Exchange services are running,
verify that you can connect to your Exchange server from another computer
from your Internal Private network, once you have confirmed that the
Exchange server is working fine and that your mailbox is valid and all the
protocols are enabled on the Exchange server per account, because you can
disable HTTP, IMAP4, POP3 and LDAP on a per mailbox basis. Do you have a
default Route once you open your tunnel? Do you have any Input or Output
filters enabled? Do you have DHCP enabled on the private interface? and are
you getting a IP address? Check all the basics and then lets move forward if
you have not stumbled onto your problem looking at these suggestions first.