RE: VPN Client cannot RDP to server on LAN

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:35:45 -0600

Hi Danny,

You bet!

In general, when no rule shows up denying the request, it indicates (to
me) that there is a missing rule allowing the request. You have an
Access Rule in place now, but remember there must be a Network Rule to
connect the ISA firewall Networks. This is unlikely the case in your
scenario because there is a default Network Rule in place that sets a
Route relationship between the VPN clients Network and the Default
Internal Network.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org