RE: VPN Cisco Client - Behind ISA Server.

  • From: "Adam Staub" <Adam.Staub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 13:02:06 -0500

Final Follow up:

Quote from Cisco Engineer:

There are plans to implement this feature into the PIX code. However, there
is no timeline that has been released for this feature. You are correct in
that it would solve your problem. The reason is that "transparent tunneling"
can use UDP port 10000 (which the proxy server does recognize and can let
through) instead of the ESP protocol for data transfer through the tunnel.
So, "transparent tunneling" will enable the client to work from behind proxy
devices that don't support or recognize the ESP protocol. This is the reason
that these type of connections work to a 3000 Series VPN Concentrator

Adam