VPN Address Assignment

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:45:00 -0400

Hello,

I have a VPN setup on ISA 2004.  When setting up address assignment you are
given two choices DHCP or Static Address Pool. My configuration is such that
the VPN is assinged from one of the non-routeable network address pools. I
have configured NAT when connecting to my internal as well as to external
network addresses. Both the internal and external interfaces are connected to
routable network addresses.

Internal (128.84.x1.x)------------|------------- External (128.84.x2.x)

                        VPN Network (172.33.x.x)

I have configured the VPN network with a Static address Pool. My question is
how can I configure it with DHCP? I have a DHCP. I would like this only
because I have flexibility in what network paramters I send to the VPN
clients. Name DNS and Wins Servers. Under static address assignment I don't
see a way to specify these.

Under DHCP I don't see how to assign the addresses from the DHCP scope I want
to. Instead I can only assing based on the internal or external network
adapter. Can I set it up to assign from the local mahinces DHCP server?

Thanks

Bill

William Holmes (MCP)
Department of Computer Science