[isalist] Re: Users bumped out of Live Meeting when uploading PowerPoints

  • From: Jerry Young <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:56:53 -0500

Looks like Hosted Live Meeting.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ipall/?tool_id=67&token=&toolhandler_redirect=0&ip=65.221.5.36

The IP is in Redmond and the denial is being done on traffic bound for the
External network of the ISA Server from its Internal network.

As I understand it, however, the FWX_E_TCP_NOT_SYN_PACKET_DROPPED is
something you see commonly with stateful inspection on the ISA Server;
indeed, this error code is generally indicative of packets being dropped
because of stateful inspection; this traffic didn't match any conversation
currently in the ISA Server's state tables.  That being said, a possible
cause of this is an asymmetric route between your client and the
destination.

Do your internal clients use the ISA Server as their default gateway or
another router?  Is the return traffic to the client taking the same path
into of your environment as the original client traffic took leaving it?

For example, if you assume the ISA Server is used the default gateway by the
internal clients, the traffic flow of an asymmetric route might look at
follows:

Client -> ISA Server -> Router -> LiveMeeting -> Router -> Client.
That may not be the cause, though, as there are still other questions to
consider.  Are the users able to upload any files at all?  Is it just the
PowerPoint files that can't be uploaded? Are there any status error or
warning codes that preceed this one?  If so, what are they?

Try taking a network trace and looking at that.  That might ultimately be
what you need to do to determine the root cause.

--
Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II