Urlscan and ISA 2000

  • From: "Raji Arulambalam" <RajiA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:57:56 +1300

Hi

I have a ISA 2000 Server that also has the Urlscan web filter installed.
I have a couple of problems with this and want to know how best to fix
it.
They have used the OWA version of the URLScan.

1. We want to be able to serve some exe files to external users using
the HTTP protocol, but the URLScan blocks it. These are av files for our
home users who are unable to use ftp.
[03-16-2006 - 12:46:58] Client at 203.79.114.14: URL contains extension
'.exe', which is disallowed. Request will be rejected.  Site
Instance='*****', Raw URL='/inoupd/drvupdi.exe'

2. Also when using OWA certain messages get blocked, the user gets a
page not found message. Again the URLscan blocks it.
[03-16-2006 - 11:54:13] Client at 222.153.161.238: URL contains sequence
'..', which is disallowed. Request will be rejected.  Site
Instance='*****', Raw URL='/exchange/Roger/Inbox/NEW%20CODES....EML'

I would like to know if it is possible to exclude only these types of
access?

If I do exclude these from the denyextensions or allowextensions and
denyurlsequences in the ini files what are the consequences?

Thanks

RajiA
Email disclaimer: This email and any attachments are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any
way. If you receive this message in error, please let us know by return email
and then destroy the message. Environment Bay of Plenty is not responsible for
any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending.
This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.