Re: Upgrading server hardware

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 07:16:46 -0800

Ah, I misunderstood..  I thought you were talking about a full backup.
The ISA backup/restore functionality is limited to _that installation_ only.
If you reinstall, even if you use the same name, you can't restore to it.
It's a security decision; wouldn't want an enemy duplicating your setup to
identify your weak spots...

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/