Unable to reach certain types of pages

  • From: "Joel Parker" <jparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:53:23 -0600

Ok, what does web mail inboxes, dell configuration pages, and shopping
carts have in common.

On my new 2004 ISA Server/Windows 2003 I am unable to get to these types
of sites. I have an older ISA 2000/Windows 2000 running with the same
setup and it has no problems accessing these pages.

Clients all run XP/2000 with latest patches. IE for the browser. They
are all firewall clients.

Simple branch office setup.

Network setup is this:

Internet

PIX - Service Center

Router

 |----T1(ATM)

Router

ISA - School

network

Do not think that it is a service center issue because ISA 2000 is
working perfectly.

I have tried setting the mtu on the external nic with no results.

I have tried with and without cache enabled.

I have tried reinstalling.

I have only a couple of access policy. 1)granting access to DNS servers
2) allowing all traffic from internal to external

Here is the message I am getting:
  _____

Explanation: The request timed out before the page could be retrieved.

Try the following:

*       Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh
button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.

*       Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address
correctly. The address may have been mistyped.

*       Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are
looking for, try accessing the page from that link.

*       Contact website: You may want to contact the website
administrator to make sure the Web page still exists. You can do this by
using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the website home
page.

If you are still unable to view the requested page, try contacting your
administrator or Helpdesk.

*       Error Code 64: Host not available

*       Background: The gateway or proxy server lost connection to the
Web server.

*       Date: 11/17/2004 3:39:25 PM

*       Server: sisd-isa.slocum.isd

*       Source: Remote server

  _____

I have posted to message boards and to this list a couple of times with
none of the helpful suggestions working. Found one message board entry
that looked promising but turned out to be misconfigured websense
server. I am also using Websense at the main office. Is anyone else
using ISA 2004 and going through a websense server? Is there something
different between ISA 2000 and ISA 2004 that would affect this
connection?

One last weird thing: you can tell Dell's pages are going to mess-up
because some of the pictures load and some do not. If a picture does not
load then the next page off of any link will give you the above error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Anything I can check?

I am out of things to try?

Thanks in advance.