Unable to POP3 to internal E2k Server via ISA from external client

  • From: "Kent G" <kent.goldfinch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:45:16 -0700

SMTP & OWA running successfully.
Created In/outbound POP3 protocol and ip packet filtering rules
created server publishing rule pointing 110 from external nic ip to the
E2k server ip.

I have also run the secure mail wizard after I manually created the rules
and didn't appear to do anything.

I just can't telnet 110 to the ISA external ip (to hopefully be routed to
the internal nic to then be forwarded to the E2k server)
Naturally pop3 from external (internet) clients fail also.

I have seen that there have been reports of POP3 not working with no
explanation. Reinstall resolves this?????