Re: USING ISA WITH ROUTER

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:59:30 -0700

If you consider your router to be the first gate in a back-to-back DMZ, then
you can use its NAT and
protocol filtering to augment ISA's own capabilities.
If you just want it to be a simple traffic-passing device, then turn off NAT
and any protocol
filtering.

Personally, I'd opt for door #1 if I had the choice, even though it means more
configuration
maintenance.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG