[isalist] Re: UAG now "officially" in production at HoG

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 13:39:46 -0600

Dude,

UAG is all about DirectAccess. Do you have that working in your "off
label" config?

While I admit that UAG is the preferred publishing platform and is more
secure for publishing (in general) than TMG, without DA - you're not
getting all it has to offer.

Of course, I could argue that a DA + SSTP deployment should be separate
from the publishing deployment. The publishing deployment is for
unmanaged hosts, while the SSTP + DA deployment is for managed hosts.