[isalist] Two ISP's one NIC

  • From: "Peter Hotchkiss" <peter.hotchkiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 13:41:28 -0400

I am running an ISA 2004 appliance.  I want to bring in a second Internet
connection to supplement my primary.  My goal is to have traffic that uses
our public IP addresses (remote access, web publishing, incoming email) use
the primary and web browsing use the secondary.  Here is my plan please poke
holes in it.

Connect both ISP connections to a switch.  Connect switch to the WAN NIC on
the firewall.  Configure the WAN NIC with IP addresses from both ISP's
making the secondary ISP the default gateway.

I don't care about load balancing.

If this will not work what are my alternatives.  This is short term until my
primary ISP can bring fiber into the building.

--
Thanks

Peter Hotchkiss