Trying to connect pcanywhere through ISA 2000 FP1 SP2 RRAS VPN

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:39:48 -0400

Goal: VPN into LAN and connect to pcanywhere host on the LAN from Internet.

Network:

Internet

| (Static public IP)
Watchguard with PPTP vpn ports forwarded via static NAT to external
(192.168.2.2) NIC ISA server

ISA External NIC - 192.168.2.2

SBS 2003 Server with two nics (one 2.2, and one 1.100)

Internal NIC - 192.168.1.100

LAN

pcanywhere host 192.168.1.150

Internet VPN client can connect to the VPN, but cannot ping or
pcanywhere to hosts on LAN.

When a laptop is plugged into the .2 network (on the external side of
ISA, but behind the Watchguard), VPN's in, the laptop can connect to
pcanywhere host.

Q1) How can eliminate an ISA mis-configuration/oversight from this
troubleshooting process?  I did setup RRAS and ISA following the MS
help docs.

Q2) If the Internet clients can "connect" to the VPN through the
watchguard, what could I be missing?

Q3) By default, what type of traffic is allowed through a standard
Windows Server 2003 RRAS VPN and ISA 2000 FP1 SP2 setup?  Should I not
be able to ping hosts on the LAN?

Thank you,

...D

--
CPDE - Certified Petroleum Distribution Engineer
CCBC - Certified Canadian Beer Consumer