RE: Troubleshooting Unsupported Configurations in ISA S erver 2004

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:11:14 -0600

ISA Server does not support customized routes. For example, if ISA Server dials
a non-VPN connection to a remote network that is not the default gateway, this
requires a custom route to the remote network. ISA Server 2004 overwrites
Routing and Remote Access settings with its own settings. ISA Server creates
and controls Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) over Layer Two Tunneling
Protocol (L2TP) interfaces, overwriting changes made in Routing and Remote
Access. If modem connections are created in Routing and Remote Access, ISA
Server deletes them

How do I get PPTP/L2TP? Sounds like an interesting protocol.

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
MVP -- ISA Firewalls
**Who is John Galt?**