RE: Troubleshooting ISA performance

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT1.1) *" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:02:21 -0500

I saw that a lot on mine as well.  The performance problems were fixed by
implementing a dns-related hotfix and setting the two following reg entries
in hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\w3proxy\parameters:

SkipNameResolutionForAccessAndRoutingRules - DWORD - value of 1
SkipNameResolutionForPublishingRules     - DWORD - value of 1

I don't remember the hotfix number off the top of my head, but it is
included in ISA SP1.  I never have discovered the reason that it "loses
connections" with the upstream proxy.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx