RE: Tri-home ISA optimization???

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:37:26 -0400

That is a good question; I don't know exactly how it is working.  It's
one of those things that I put on the back burner until I get more time
(or a more pressing need) to figure out.  It appears to be that it sets
up its own Authoritative DNS server to dish out the multiple IPs, but it
mentions other options also.  It does it on its own, so it's actually
kind of scary that it can redirect your DNS servers that easily.

There are a lot of configuration options, so maybe your best bet is to
download the manual and check it out yourself (If I try to paraphrase
I'll just confuse you).  I downloaded the trial version, along with all
the manuals to review before we purchased, so they're pretty easy to get
(if not, I'll forward you a copy).  Appendix F is titled "DNS and
RainConnect", which is where you might find your answers (along with a
reference to one of your books!).