Transfer Volume

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:29:12 +0200

Hi,

I'm re-posting this, since I receive a message that my post wasn't accepted.

Regards
Mark

====

Hello list,

I would like to know if here is a way to generate an alarm if a certain
volume of traffic is exceeded on the external interface. We have had the
problem that probably due to misconfiguration a linux machine generated 40GB
of (most probably useless) traffic on the external interface during the last
accounting period. I haven't found out why yet.

So I expect the question: how do we prevent this in future from the CEO and
I want to be prepared just in case :-)

Thanks for your support.
Mark