RE: Topic: Twin WAN Gateway Xincom XC-DPG602 (load bala ncing) with ISA2000 as DMZ internal firewall

  • From: Troy Radtke <TRadtke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:14:07 -0600

Should work something like this regardless of brand:

connection 1---|
               |------------NLB------firewall/proxy------internal network
connection 2---|

The NLB is the DG of your firewall/proxy system.  You can infinitely expand
the front end to the max capacity of your NLB system.  The firewall/proxy
only cares that it has a DG that it can reach.  However the return path goes
is completely up to the NLB and has no effect on the firewall/proxy.

The NLB is completely unaware of the internal networks/DMZs behind the
firewall/proxy system.  It only cares that something on the backend is there
for it to talk to and be its DG if it needs one.

Good luck.