RE: Timeout messages

  • From: "Ted Doholis" <tdoholis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:21:05 -0500

Also have a look at this...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811087

Ted Doholis
SaltSpring Software Inc.

________________________________

From: Keith Wierenga [mailto:Keith.Wierenga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 8:01 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Timeout messages

http://www.ISAserver.org

I am after some advise, we seem to be having a lot of timeout messages

Technical Information (for Support personnel)

*       Error Code: 504 Proxy Timeout. The connection timed out. For
more information about this event, see ISA Server Help. (10060)
*       IP Address: 144.140.80.19
*       Date: 19/01/2005 10:32:24 PM
*       Server: bneisa-a1.xxx.xxx.xxx
*       Source: proxy

Our connection is

Internet -> Cisco Router -> Symantec Gateway Security 5400 Series - >
ISA2004 - Users PC's

We have two of the above chains one for production and one at our DR
site. The only difference is that the DR site is still running ISA2000.

Our connection to the internet is 10 Mb link, and was set to use a proxy
server in the ISP farm, this has been turned off and the occurrence has
dropped but not all together gone.

After the time out message a refresh will bring the page up.

The errors occurs on both the ISA 2000 and the ISA 2004 box, just that
message comes back in colour from the 2004 box.

Both ISA Servers are P4 2.53GHz 512Mb and don't seem to be taxed for CPU
use of Network Bandwidth

Thanks

        Keith Wierenga Coordinator Computer Resources   UNiTAB Limited
<http://www.tabonline.com.au/>   Tel: (07) 3637 1362 Mob: (04) 1956 1478
Fax: (07) 3862 1742 Email : keith.wierenga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:%20keith.wierenga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  http://www.tabonline.com.au
<http://www.tabonline.com.au/>

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete it.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior
permission.  We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of
transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own
virus checks on any attachment to this message.  We cannot accept
liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.