Re: Three homed DMZ

  • From: "Fabrizio Bocci" <fabrizio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:57:38 -0000

If you use internal IP for the DMZ the DMZ concept is changed. Using privete
addresses make you have ISA server connected to 2 internal networks and you
need to use publishing rules to publish MAIL and WEB servers. So what's the
advantage??? you could publish those servers from your main internal
network.
Using a different public subnet on your DMZ make ISA filtering the incoming
and outgoing traffic and keep you internal network separated and not
visible.