RE: The target principal name is incorrect

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 19:46:59 -0600

Hi David,

Go to www.isaserver.org/shinder and search for "500" on that page.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder

        From: David Mineer [mailto:davemineer@xxxxxxx]
        Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 3:51 PM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] The target principal name is incorrect

        http://www.ISAserver.org

        I have Small Business Server 2000.  Almost Everything is working
great.  =
        I am a lurker on this list and have solved many problems thanks
to the =
        many posts here.  I have Tom's Book (Configuring ISA Server 200)
and use =
        it often.  I have followed the instructions for enabling SSL on
my web =
        server but I get the following error when trying to access it.

        500 Internal Server Error - The target principal name is
incorrect. =
        (-2146893022)
        Internet Security and Acceleration Server

        Anyone know what specifically would cause this.  I have seen
posts =
        concerning verifying DNS entries and Host names and the like.
While I =
        haven't understood all of it I have tried to follow the various
ideas =
        for solutions and have not been able to figure this out.

        Your help is appreciated.

        TIA,

        ---------------------
        David Mineer

        ---------------------
        Don't wish it was easier; wish you were better.
        Don't wish for less problems; wish for more skills.
        Don't wish for less challenges; wish for more wisdom.

        David Mineer

        ISA Server Newsletter:
http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp
        ISA Server FAQ: