The target principal name is incorrect

  • From: "David Mineer" <davemineer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAserver.org Discussion List" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:51:03 -0700

I have Small Business Server 2000.  Almost Everything is working great.  =
I am a lurker on this list and have solved many problems thanks to the =
many posts here.  I have Tom's Book (Configuring ISA Server 200) and use =
it often.  I have followed the instructions for enabling SSL on my web =
server but I get the following error when trying to access it.

500 Internal Server Error - The target principal name is incorrect. =
(-2146893022)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

Anyone know what specifically would cause this.  I have seen posts =
concerning verifying DNS entries and Host names and the like.  While I =
haven't understood all of it I have tried to follow the various ideas =
for solutions and have not been able to figure this out.

Your help is appreciated.

TIA,

David Mineer

Don't wish it was easier; wish you were better.
Don't wish for less problems; wish for more skills.
Don't wish for less challenges; wish for more wisdom.

David Mineer