RE: Test for Internet Link availability

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:57:12 -0700

Instead of trying to find a work around, fix the problem.

If you link is saturated with outbound requests for the RPC patch, you need
to fix your network. Get AV software and clean the computers now. BTW, if
this is the case, you are fortunate your ISP has not locked you out.

If your link is saturated with inbound pings, block them at the router or
request your ISP to do so.

If your link is saturated with outbound pings, you have no business on this
list. You need to learn some basic networking principles, like virus
protection.

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

Engineer/Consultant

eServices For You