Terminal services on ISA

  • From: Howard Griffith <hgriffith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:27:03 -0400

I know this topic has come up several times but I'm at a loss. I've tried
quite a few different things to get a terminal services connection to the
ISA server itself but to no avail. I've followed tips that have been posted
here in addition to trying Q articles 294720 and 275210.

This is my situation. I want to get a term serv connection to my stand alone
ISA server for remote mgmt. It's configured with two nics, one internal and
one external. It is configured in its own workgroup and both network
connections have all items disabled except for TCP/IP which is configured as
needed for each side.

When creating the packet filter as mentioned in article 275210, what else
has to pre-exist for this to work?
What is needed for the session to work connecting to the internal interface?
Does the server in any way have to participate in our internal domain?
Do certain rules need to be defined on the ISA server to allow the
connection to term services on it? I've already tried this but maybe I had
it setup wrong.

Or what would it take to get VNC to be used for remote control?

Any help or pointers of which direction to go would be greatly appreciated!!

TIA,
Howard