RE: Terminal Services Remote Management Over the Internet

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:36:36 -0600

Hi Rick,

Things to do:

1. If you're accessing the terminal services from behind your own ISA
Server, make sure you create a protocol rule that allows outbound access
to TCP 3389

2. On the machines you want to access, bind the terminal services to the
internal interface only. Then publish the terminal server.

3. Create the protocol definition for inbound TCP 3389. Then create the
Server Publishing Rule

4. Connect to the remote terminal server. You should have no problems.

5. If you do have problems, run:
Netstat -na | find ":3389"

And make sure its only listening on the internal interface

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder