Terminal Services Remote Management Over the Internet

  • From: "Richard Parsons" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:44:20 -0700

Hi everyone,

It seems that every book I buy never seems to resolve my problems, or my
problems never quite fit the issues that are explained within those books,
thank heaven for Isa.org and also exchange.org, and I feel a mention for
EventId.net is worth a mention. Thanks to all for previous help which has
resolved problems for me and thanks in anticipation  to my following
question.  I have been subscribed for a while now and I have noted the
help offered freely by some very serious professional people, how some of
you find the time within your busy lifestyles I don't know, but I'm sure I
speak for the majority it is appreciated!.

Anyway my problem is:-  I use Small Business server 2000 and I have set up
TS on the local domain (SBS 2000 Server Machine), and all works well from
any workstation, I have full remote control.  I very much need to be able
to log on to various clients of mine over the Internet, who are also
running SBS 2000 (machines that I have setup and administer on a regular
basis).  Can anyone point me to a step by step guide on how to achieve
this through Terminal Services?  or advise if this is the wrong approach.

Whenever I try to remotely Administer one of my clients SBS boxes by
entering thier fixed IP address, I get the reply "the client could not
connect to the Terminal Server. The Server may be too busy. Please try
connecting later."

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards,

Rick Parsons