RE: Teminal in through ISA - Security

  • From: David Dellanno <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:36:24 -0400

        Doesn't sound insulting at all, but Microsoft VPN client provides
secure password based on NTLM...then the password would be encryptic when
the vpn establish network connectivity.  If you do have a mix network
environment the best practice would recommend to authenticate using basic
clear text authentication, then I agree your password would be hanging out
like a soar thumb and obtainable.