Re: Telnet App Failing

  • From: "Peter Forster" <pforster@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 21:22:19 -0800

Hi Arwin, the actual client Telnet App is a running in each domain. It
looks for a way back to mainframe via a private IP connection over frame
relay. Each domain has a connection to this FR cloud via a cisco 2500,
howerver each workstation firsts hits another Cisco 1720 WAN router,
looks at the header and determines which router to go out through. Our
goal was to separate all financial data through the private FR segment
and all other traffic goes through our own private VLan where at the one
end we have our ISA server set up as a stand-alone connected to cable
modem. All the routing on the isa box says here is a static route for
all traffic back to their respective domains. While all financial data
goes out only through the Cisco 2500. This has been working alright
until 2 weeks ago when these telnet apps are starting to lockup for 5
minutes or so. I remove the firewall client and they no longer freeze.
But interestly so, after removing the FC their email is still coming and
going from an outside pop mail server.
Thanks,
Peter