TSWeb problem

  • From: Aleksander França Honma <aleks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:46:09 -0200

Hi All,

    I published Terminal Service Web Access according to Tom's instructions.
My TSWeb Server is on separate machine from ISA.
    Accessing TS using Web client form the local network works. When I
access TS using Web client from outside I get Terminal Services Web
Connection page, but after entering server name and clicking on Connect, I
get VBScript: Error connecting to terminal server: server_name.

Does anybody knows what's happening.

The inbound Protocol Definition was created and a Packet Filter was also
created for Inbound on 3389.

A thing that I found to be strange, the IIS/Terminal Server is doing socket
pooling, so it's listening on 0.0.0.0:3389 instead of the private IP
assigned to it. (is this OK?)

Another thing, after Sniffering the network for the logon activity (from the
LAN), it seems that the transport is as follows:

MY machine              TSWEb
any port        ->      3389

TSWeb                   My maching
3389            ->      any port

Now thinking on this, why did I create an INBOUND on the fixed port 3389 for
ISA LOCAL machine?

Any clues are more than welcome.

Aleks