[isalist] Re: TMG wpad.dat includes wrong proxy address

  • From: Joe Pochedley <Joe.Pochedley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:54:25 -0400

Jim,

Thanks for the response...  If I understand your script correctly, it will
cause the server to pass the DNS or WINS name of the server into WPAD instead
of the IP address?  Very handy...

PSS was able to assist in a different way last night...  As it turns out, I
configured TMG as a 3 legged network.  I configured the NIC with a static IP
for the perimeter network.  The perimeter network was configured in TMG but no
network cable was physically connected to the NIC..  (I simply hadn't gotten
around to testing / playing with the perimeter network yet... ) TMG didn't like
that.  PSS had me plug in the perimeter NIC and restart the firewall service,
then WPAD came out correct.  Go figure.

Obviously an uncommon scenario, but it still seems kinda like a bug though.  :)

-JP