[isalist] Re: TMG VPN Not working on Windows Server 2008

  • From: Rob Moore <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 07:48:44 -0400

It (mostly) worked for me, following the steps in Jim Harrison's book,
Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) Administrator's Companion.
I say "mostly" because I was able to connect to the VPN. But the DHCP relay
didn't seem to work right. I got an IP address in the right range but some of
the other options were wrong, and I was not able to ping things on the network.
Same thing happened to me when I set it up on ISA 2006. So I'm just passing VPN
traffic through TMG to an internal VPN server (just as I did for ISA). I'm sure
it's something I'm doing wrong, but don't know just what.

Since it's working the way it is, it's not super high priority to fix it.
Besides I'm really keen to get SSTP working. Seems like a better solution than
regular VPN, since it hopefully won't be blocked (some of our users get to
hotel networks that block access to VPN traffic). Now if I can just find the
time...

Rob