[isalist] Re: TMG Reboot Connectivity Issue

  • From: Jerry Young <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 09:46:11 -0400

Jim,

Yup, I have 4 interfaces on the array servers and NLB is active on all of
them.

We're not using DNS RR.

The problem was that TMG2 and EMS1 were on different ESX hosts from where
they couldn't communicate with one another.  I moved TMG2 to the same ESX
host that EMS1 and TMG1 are on and the viola, they can talk again.  For some
reason, I'm still in the process of convincing the VMWare gent that this is
an issue with his host's networking, either in the VMWare fabric or the
switch fabric to which it's connected. :/

While TMG2 couldn't talk to EMS1, rebooting TMG1 resulted in the same exact
behavior: TMG2 would go "offline".