[isalist] Re: TMG Book goes to the printers!

  • From: Jerry Young <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:18:19 -0500

Not a literal icepick, Silly.  While a literal application of an icepick on
a firewall would result in its destruction, it wouldn't facilitate access to
what's on the other side (although I could argue that if you're close enough
to the physical server to physically assault it with an icepick, you could
simply bypass the firewall device all together).  No... the icepick is but a
representation of a tool used to bypass an obstable.

Essentially, the image says to me: "User beware!  TMG is vulnerable to tools
meant to bypass firewalls."
A welder's helmet would be a much better image.  :P