Re: Symantec Antivirus For ISA errors

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:44:01 -0800

Time to call Symantec...

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver
 http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison
 http://isatools.org

 Read the help, books and articles!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Peterson" <michaelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 16:31
Subject: [isalist] Symantec Antivirus For ISA errors

I have been experiencing serious issues with Symantec Antivirus for ISA
since initial installation. I was just curious if anyone else has
experienced problems with this product and to provide a discussion
thread for anyone else having issues with SAVISA.  The server is locking
up randomly,without errors being generated within the logs. The only way
to fix this is to reboot the server.

Here are the random errors I get through out the day.  I received the
newest version (not made available to the public) from Symantec which
seems to have slowed down the rate at which the errors accumulate but
not all together. After talking with and searching the Symantec site, I
have increased the thread usage on the Scan engine to no avail.  I have
also moved the scan engine from onboard to off the isa server, again to
no avail.

Just wondering if anyone else has come across these errors and the fixes
they used:

Random error #`1
Event Type:       Error
Event Source:    Symantec Web AV Filter
Event Category: None
Event ID:           103
Date:                1/19/2004
Time:                5:29:25 PM
User:                N/A
Computer:         ISA
An internal/unexpected error has occurred for the Symantec AntiVirus for
ISA Server Web filter. Error Identifier(s):
CSymCSSWebFilterContext::WriteClient - Failed

Random error #2
Date:                1/19/2004
Time:                7:39:35 PM
User:                N/A
Computer:         ISA
An internal/unexpected error has occurred for the Symantec AntiVirus for
ISA Server Web filter. Error Identifier(s): socket error: send:
ECONNRESET

Michael Peterson
Information Systems Analyst
City of Vista
www.ci.vista.ca.us <http://www.ci.vista.ca.us/>
760.639.6142

Confidentiality Statement:  The information transmitted is intended only for
the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any computer.