RE: SurfControl web filter

  • From: "William Robertson" <william.robertson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:54:24 +0200

Hi Rami

I have SurfControl WEB Filter installed as well and I have confirmed
that which you say, but my question is this, if your ISA Server is a
member of the Win2K Domain, then surely you only use Usernames created
within your Active Directory, and not on your individual servers?

With this in mind, I cannot see why you would ever want to start
authorizing access within SurfControl based upon a group or user that is
local to the ISA Server alone, because who is going to authenticate
against the ISA Server instead of against your Win2K domain? The thing
is, when you are surfing through ISA Server's WEB Proxy service,
Internet Explorer will pass your currently logged-on credentials through
to ISA Server. These credentials are the username you use to log onto
your workstation, and I don't know about you, but when I log on to my
workstation I use the domain username, not a username created locally on
my ISA Server firewall.

Cheers

William R.