RE: SurfControl

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:25:12 -0500

1. I suspected as such.

2. I was referring to stopping monitoring external hostnames (the
users), not websites.  Every computer that browsed our website has their
hostname in the list, and there are thousands of them.

3. Good idea, blocking our own site monitoring should stop most of it.

4. I did that a year or so ago, to purge out old names, haven't done it
in awhile though.  I'm not sure what who will be "automatically"
monitored upon rebuilding, but it might be worth a shot.

5. Of course I'll have fun!  Never a dull moment in this field!