RE: Stop Downloading

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 10:44:22 -0500

Hi Rehan,

1. Force the clients to be Web Proxy clients

2. Create Site and Content Rules to block the MIME types for the files
you want to block

3. Crete Site and Content Rules to block the file extensions that users
may access via HTTP tunneled FTP (web proxy client FTP access)

That's all there is to it. Note that its not perfect, and you'll have to
analyze your own environment to see what the problem is if the Site and
Content Rules do not perform the way you expect.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder