Staging Web Server

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:03:16 -0600

Hi Joseph,

I looked at the graphic you sent about your dual homed staging Web
server. Its looks like its got an interface on the DMZ and another
interface on the internal network. Is that right? Or, do you have two
interfaces on the "internal" ISA Server, both of them on the DMZ
network?

If it's the former, I think that's not a top security config, because
even if IP routing isn't enabled on the staging server, someone with
control of the staging server will still have direct access to your
internal network.

HTH,
Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder